In search of Sternotherus Odoratus

• cu tample rosii sau de Florida (Trachemys scripta elegans)
• cu tample galbene (Trachemys scripta scripta)

Moderatori: Sheppard, Florin

In search of Sternotherus Odoratus

de Agosh » 28 Oct 2012, 17:49

Good afternoon to all...first of all congratulations for the forum
I just moved to Romania Arad for study and I would like to know where I can find a male Sternotherus Odoratus...for example some forum user who sells one, some fair, a breeder or even a pet store
thanks in advance for the answers

de Sheppard » 28 Oct 2012, 18:06

Hello,

I haven't really seen someone around who owns that species. You might have better luck ordering from a big pet-shop in Arad (if there is any). There are some sites where you can order online several turtle species (in Germany for example), but unfortunately they do not ship internationally.

If you manage to get your hands on one, please let us know.
Testos Moderator
Testos Moderator

de Agosh » 28 Oct 2012, 18:32

I asked in a pet shop in Arad but they told me that they didn't have it, I'll try to get a better view...instead can i find it in budapest before 16 dedember?

de vic » 28 Oct 2012, 22:21

Agosh,
It may be easy if you know an ethnic Hungarian that can search in Hungarian reptile forums for you. It's impossible not to find one there.
Testos activ
Testos activ

de Sheppard » 28 Oct 2012, 23:55

Hungary has definitely got that species for sale in some store. If you know someone in Budapest, like vic advised, that can ask around in a big pet-shop, or even order through them, that's the way to go. The bigger pet-shops can in most cases order just about anything. It will probably cost more though if they haven't got it on stock.
Testos Moderator
Testos Moderator

de Agosh » 30 Oct 2012, 00:29

I enrolled in a hungarian forum to search for information but they yet have to respond to me ... a few weeks ago, I met a Hungarian person and when I have some time I'll try to ask him something, for example, if he has a few friends that can find it